1. Persons who may drive vehicle: The vehicle may be driven during the period of rental only by the persons named in this agreement and only if they hold a current driver licence appropriate for the vehicle they are driving at the time.
2. Payment by the renter: The renter shall pay the rental fee including the deposit in advance in cash. The renter shall pay for petrol and the 2-stroke oil used as fuel in the vehicle.
3. Renter’s obligations: The Renter shall ensure that: the 2-stroke oil in the vehicle is refilled every 90 days or every 2,000km or if the oil light shows. Failure to do this may result in engine damage charged to the renter; the tyres are maintained to the proper pressure, only 91 or 95 fuel is put into the vehicle, the vehicle is returned in a clean and tidy condition. The renter shall ensure that all reasonable care is taken in handling and parking the vehicle and that it is securely locked when not in use.
4. Insurance: The renter is liable for loss or damage to the vehicle, any person or property which exceeds the insurance policy coverage of the vehicle. The renter has received a copy of the vehicle’s insurance policy to the renter. Hirers under the age of 21 years are not eligible for insurance cover. In case a replacement vehicle is required, the cost for the relocation is at the renters expense.
5. Insurance exclusions: The insurance policy does not cover the vehicle in case the driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that affects his or her ability to drive the vehicle, the vehicle is in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition that arose during the course of the rental and that caused or contributed to the damage or loss, and the hirer or driver was aware or ought to have been aware of the unsafe or unroadworthy condition of the vehicle, the vehicle is operated in any race, speed test, rally, contest, or on any beach or unsealed road, the vehicle is not driven by any person named above, the vehicle is driven by any person who at the time is disqualified from holding or has never held a driver’s license appropriate for that vehicle, the vehicle is wilfully or recklessly damaged or lost by the renter or any person named in clause 1 of the vehicle is wilfully or recklessly damaged or lost by the renter or any person named in clause 1 of the agreement.
6. Mechanical repairs and accidents: If the vehicle is damaged or requires repairs or salvage whether because of an accident or breakdown, the renter shall advise the owner or his or her agent of the full circumstances by telephone as soon as possible. The owner shall be permitted to have 48 hours in which to repair or replace the vehicle. The renter shall not arrange or undertake any repairs or salvage without authority of the owner except to the extent that repairs are necessary to prevent further damage to the vehicle or other property. The renter shall ensure that no person shall interfere with the distance recorder or speedometer; or except in an emergency, any part of the engine, transmission, braking or suspension system of the vehicle. The renter is responsible for any loss of keys, scratches, punctures, tyre or rim damage that occurs during the term of the hire.
7. Use of the vehicle: The renter shall not use or permit the vehicle to be used for the carriage of passengers for rental or reward. The renter shall not: Sublet or hire the vehicle to another person, permit the vehicle to be used outside his or her authority, operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated, drive or permit the vehicle to be driven by any person not holding a current driver licence appropriate for the vehicle.
8. Return of the vehicle: The renter, at or before the expiry of the term of rental, shall deliver the vehicle to the owner or his agent at the address detailed in the agreement or obtain the consent of the owner to the continuation of the rental. Should the renter return the vehicle later than stated on the agreement then late fees of 10% of rental fees will apply. The owner shall be given the right to terminate the renting and take immediate possession of the vehicle if the renter fails to comply with any terms of this agreement, or if the vehicle is damaged. The termination of the renting under the authority of this clause shall be without prejudice to the other rights of the owner and the rights of the renter under this agreement or otherwise.
9. Privacy clause: The renter acknowledges that the information provided on this form will be held by the owner and may be held for purposes of contacting the renter during or after the hire period by the owner or any other party authorised by the owner. The renter may request access to the information held by the owner and may request that the information be corrected if the renter considers the information is wrong.
A COPY MUST BE KEPT IN THE VEHICLE THROUGHOUT THE TERM OF RENTAL AND PRODUCED ON DEMAND BY ANY POLICE OFFICER.